+44 (0)1223 334 898

What you need to do


In order to graduate you need to complete and submit the graduation request form and pay for any guests (using PayPal options on the lower part of this page). (If you need a paper form please contact the Tutorial Office.)

There is information about access to the college site for visitors with disabilities on the Access Information page. If you think you may need arrangements for access, please contact Dr Corinne Roughley, Disability Equality Officer: equality.officer@hughes.cam.ac.uk

You must submit the application at least three weeks before a Congregation Day. If your result will not be known by then, you may reserve a graduation place provisionally, as long as your result is formally confirmed at least ten days before the date (check with your supervisor if in doubt). On the form you choose:

  • When you wish to graduate, and whether in person or in absence
  • Whether you wish to attend lunch/tea, which is free to all graduands
  • Whether you wish to bring guests (maximum 3) for lunch/tea at £10 each – see booking form.
    NB. At Hughes Hall, children under 12 are not included in the guest allocation and are not charged. But at the Senate House, children of all ages need guest tickets.

Refreshments Payments

While the person graduating is not charged for lunch/tea at graduation events, there is a charge of £10.00 for each guest. You can pay by PayPal, using the buttons below, or send a cheque to: Tutorial Office, Hughes Hall, Cambridge, CB1 2EW.

One guest:
Two guests:
Three guests:

Whether lunch or tea is provided depends on the timing of the ceremony. Lunch/tea bookings will be confirmed when payment is received.

Degree Certificates and Transcripts

All students will be issued one free copy of their degree certificate upon graduation if they are presented in person, if they are presented in absence this will be posted with the transcript. One free copy of your academic transcript will also be posted to you via the Royal Mail following your graduation whether you attend in person or in absence. Please allow up to 12 weeks for your transcript to be delivered.

We send by Royal Mail first class post, which works well for many countries. However, if you cannot rely on your local postal service or need registered delivery, we can use DHL instead.

You can order extra copies of your certificate (after graduation only) or transcript directly from the university office.

DHL Delivery Service

There is also the option for DHL delivery service at the cost of £19.00 per address. This service is strongly recommended to ensure safe delivery. The College does not accept responsibility for items lost in transit.

DHL delivery: