A community of staff, Fellows and Senior Members working together to achieve the College’s aims
Hughes Hall’s purpose is to improve society worldwide through excellent teaching and research, bridging the academic and external worlds, and to foster an interdisciplinary environment that is global in outlook, egalitarian in ethos and cosmopolitan in character.
Internal information resources
These resources and links are designed to help our members carry out their work in support of the College’s purpose, effectively and professionally. There are a number of contacts below who can help in you have any questions.
These resources are for the use of authorised members of the College. If you cannot access a resource you think you should be able to use, please contact the IT Helpdesk or the Webmaster. Please note the IT Helpdesk accepts emails from hughes.cam.ac.uk or cam.ac.uk, everyone else should call 01223 761222.
- Papers – committee papers.
- Portal (VPN required outside university network).
- Senior Member profiles – for updates please email the Fellowships Office.
Microsoft Office 365
- Staff Communication Site – Read-only information for all staff.
- Office 365 Portal – Gateway to all Microsoft Office Apps including email.
- Outlook Web Access Email – Direct to email in Office 365.
- Microsoft Teams – Direct link into Teams or download ‘client’ here.
Microsoft Multifactor Authentication (MFA)
- Manage your Hughes Hall MFA setup
- Microsoft Authenticator App for IOS or Android
- How to sign in with MFA
“How to” guides and information
- All logins will use your email address as a username and your College network password.
- Follow this guide to help set up email and Apps on your own devices – Setup Guide.
- This guide shows how to join Teams meetings as a “guest” if you’ve been invited (non-hughes email address).
- If you have any problems please contact our IT department: firstname.lastname@example.org or see the staff contact list for further information.
- Our website is the main source of information about Hughes Hall, from Events and News to Staff Contacts, Senior Members and Bridge Centres.
- The College Calendar, Hughes Magazine and Official Documents may also be of interest.
- Staff receive a range of internal communications, including a regular HR update, a copy of the Senior Tutor’s bulletin, a weekly What’s On email, as well as other updates, although these slow/pause over vacation periods.
- Our staff Sharepoint site operates as an intranet and is a useful repository for staff information and resources.
- There is a weekly staff coffee morning which includes notices for the week.
- There is a staff wellbeing Teams site for sharing points of interest with colleagues.
- For detailed disability access guides to the College, we have a comprehensive AccessAble site
- The Colleges and departments of the University can be ‘toured’ on the University’s virtual tour platform; Hughes’s bit is here
- We have social media platforms which you can follow; click the icons on the bottom right of any webpage.
You can find the College’s Branding Guidelines on Sharepoint. This includes:
- Brand fonts (page 9 – Calibri and Time New Roman are the standard fonts)
- Brand colours (page 8)
Please refer to these when ordering materials or when producing documents to ensure that the College logo, fonts and colours are used consistently and correctly.
College templates are available on Sharepoint. This includes:
- Documents, Letterheads, Presentations, Name badges, Place cards, Compliments slips, Email signatures
All the logo files (full colour and monochrome) are available in a range of different layouts. This includes:
- JPG and PNG files in the ‘Normal Use’ folder for use in Word documents etc.
- EPS files in the ‘Professional Printing’ folder for when required by a contracted printing service (not accessible on our PCs).