You’re a part of something big.
Click on the ‘plus’ symbol next to each heading, or press ‘Show All’ to explore the benefits you get as a Hughes Hall alum.
Attend lectures, garden parties, global meet ups, virtual events and more
View the view calendar of events here.
This link is filtered by ‘alumni’ to see only alumni specific events, but we are also delighted to let you know that you are also eligible to attend many of our other college events! Click on each event to read more.
By booking our onto an alumni event you signify that you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions published here, as revised by us from time to time.
If you would like to give feedback on a recently attended event, or would like to make suggestions for future events, please fill out the form below:
Staying in college
Stay in one of our guest rooms
We are always delighted to welcome alumni back to college. We have limited number of double ensuite guestrooms on ground floor in Centenary building and occasionally some rooms in other locations, mostly out of term.
To enquire about guest room availability and prices please complete the form below:
Dining in college
Attend Formal Hall
Alumni, with up to 3 guests, can book into any normal Formal Hall up to 4 times a year at a price of £17 per person. This is subject to availability and excludes themed Formal Halls. Normal Formal Hall occurs on Tuesdays and Fridays during term time. To check upcoming Formal Hall dates please refer to the college calendar.
To check availability and book for you and your guests please complete the enquiry form below. To confirm your place, payment must be made 10 days before your chosen date, so please book in advance.
Your CAMCard - Visit the college
We are always delighted to see our alumni - please read our visiting guidelines below
Planning on visiting College? We are delighted to once again be able to welcome Hughes Hall alumni back to College.
Weekday Visits (Monday – Friday)
The Porters’ will be happy to welcome alumni arriving from Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm.
We hope you understand that for the wellbeing and safety of our college community, the duty Porter may ask you to present appropriate identification and evidence of college membership before allowing you access to Hughes Hall. The alumni CAMcard provides this identification and allows you access to Hughes Hall and other colleges.
Weekend visits and tours of college.
If you would like to visit outside of the hours listed above, or would like to be shown around college by a member of staff, please get in touch with the Alumni Relations & Development Office prior to your visit at email@example.com.
Global Alumni Groups
Get involved with your local alumni network
We are lucky to have Alumni Groups all around the world, set up and run by wonderful alumni volunteers!
These groups organise events throughout the year helping to keep our ever-growing global alumni community connected, to establish friendships and create opportunities for mentoring and professional development.
View our full list of current alumni groups here.
Receive our Hughes Publications
We are proud to publish a range of interesting publications for you including the 'Hughes' magazine and the HHBCA Journal.
Hughes is our biannual magazine, featuring College news, research activities, events and alumni updates. Our magazines are all available to download.
- Sharing your news: The editor of the magazine is always pleased to hear news updates from alumni. Tell us about your publications, successes and other achievements as we would love to feature them. Submissions should be no more than 100 words and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or Alumni Relations & Development Office, Hughes Hall, Cambridge, CB1 2EW.
- Your mailing preferences: The magazine is circulated by email and post. If you would like to change the way in which you receive your copy, please update your contact details and mailing preferences using the online form found here.
Produced by our Hughes Hall Boat Club Alumni Team, the HHBCA Journal features news, updates, photos and articles, including great memories from the crews of years past! All previous editions are are available to read here.
Social Media - connect with other alumni
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn for the latest news. Join our LinkedIn group to connect with alumni worldwide.
You can access our growing network of Hughesians via our LinkedIn alumni group, where you can develop professional networks, get advise from Hughesians in your industry, or simply reconnect with old friends.
Join the Oxford and Cambridge Club
All University of Cambridge alumni are eligible to join.
You can learn more about the club and how to apply for membership here.
Hold your wedding at the Emmanuel College Chapel
To be added to the waiting list please contact the Emmanuel Conference Manager.
All alumni are able to access the main University Library for free.
All alumni are able to access the main University Library for free.
- Alumni can visit the Library by providing their CAMcard along with photo ID. They may sign in up to four guests.
- Those wanting to study and borrow in the Library will need to remotely apply for a card, through the application form. Registration cards are valid for three years, free of charge.
- Alumni who hold the Cambridge MA or higher degree may borrow 20 books for 8 weeks.
We regret to inform you that due to limited capacity alumni are currently unable to use the Hughes Hall library.
Degree certificates and official transcripts
Find out how to get a copy of your academic transcript or a new degree certificate.
After graduation you’ll need to refer to your degree now and then. Find out how to get a copy of your academic transcript, a new degree certificate or how to access CamSIS Extended Self Service here.
Receive your MA
Alumni who have graduated from the BA or BA(Aff) will become eligible to receive their MA
Holders of the BA degree become eligible for an MA degree not less than six years after the end of the first term of residence, providing the BA degree has been held for at least two years.
- In 2022, those who matriculated in 2015 & have held their BA degree for at least two years will be able to take their MAs. For affiliated students, those who matriculated in 2016 and have held their BA Affiliate for at least two years are eligible.
- In 2023, those who matriculated in 2016 & have held their BA degree for at least two years will be able to take their MAs. For affiliated students, those who matriculated in 2017 and have held their BA Affiliate for at least two years are eligible.
Hughes Hall writes to our eligible graduates with details of the MA Congregation at which we plan to present candidates, which usually takes place in April of each year. Ensure that we have your current contact details by completing the form found here. If you would like to receive your MA at a different date, or you are currently eligible but have not attended a congregation, please see the Graduation section of the website. Please contact the Tutorial Office with further queries.