- This policy explains how Hughes Hall (“we” and “our”) handles and uses information we collect when you visit the College website – www.hughes.cam.ac.uk. Where you engage with the College for another purpose (e.g. as a prospective or current student, as a previous student, as a member of the College or as a visitor to the College), there are other data protection statements to explain our management of your personal information available on our Official Documents page: www.hughes.cam.ac.uk/about/official-documents/. Where you enter your personal information into an online form for any specified purpose, you will be told about the use we will make of that information (e.g. to send you newsletters or to enable your attendance at an event).
- The controller for your personal information is the College, Hughes Hall, Wollaston Road, Cambridge, CB1 2EW. The Data Protection Officer for the College is the Office of Intercollegiate Services Ltd [12B King’s Parade, Cambridge; 01223 768745; email@example.com] who should be contacted if you have any concerns about how the College is managing your personal information, or if you require advice on how to exercise your rights as outlined in this statement. The person within the College responsible for data protection at the time of issue, and the person who is responsible for monitoring compliance with relevant legislation in relation to the protection of personal information, is the Bursar, contactable via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The legal basis for processing your personal data is that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, where we have concluded that our interests do not impact inappropriately on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You may ask us to explain our rationale at any time.
By using the website you consent to this policy. If you have concerns or queries about any of this policy, please contact us.
- We collect and process your personal information for operating and improving our webpages, analysing their use and ensuring the security of our websites. We use a third-party service, to collect standard internet log information and details of your visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out, for example, the number of visitors to each page of our website(s).
Where we store and transfer your data
- As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside the UK as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the UK, or use servers based outside of the UK – this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the UK.
Third party links
- You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies.
You can choose to manage the cookies we use on this website through your browser settings at any time. For more information about how to do this, and about cookies in general, you can visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
|Name||Used by||Description||More information|
- You have the right: to ask us for access to, rectification or erasure of your information; to restrict processing (pending correction or deletion); to object to communications or direct marketing; and to ask for the transfer of your information electronically to a third party (data portability). Some of these rights are not automatic, and we reserve the right to discuss with you why we might not comply with a request from you to exercise them. Please contact email@example.com to exercise any of these rights.
You retain the right at all times to lodge a complaint about our management of your personal information with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Changes to this policy
- We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting and processing your personal data.
Version 1: 1 June 2021