We’re excited to announce the return of the Hughes Hall Photography Competition for Lent Term – another opportunity for our whole community to get creative.
Past: Your favourite photograph from your time at Hughes Hall – perhaps the day you arrived, a social occasion, matriculation, or just a warm moment with new friends or colleagues. Tell us which picture means the most to you and why.
Present: Our community is more dispersed than ever with some waking up to the sounds of Mill Road deliveries, others with a Hong Kong skyline, in rural Spain or urban India. Share the views out of your window, wherever you are in the world.
Future: Despite current challenges, our community still looks to the future with the College’s ‘Green’ agenda a priority and biodiversity a passion for many. All of us encounter elements of nature wherever we are – share them with us! From muntjacs on Fenner’s and spring blossoms to high-flying swans and low-lying insects.
The competition opens on Monday, 8th March 2021 and the final deadline for submissions will be 5pm on Friday, 9th April 2021. You are welcome to submit a title and a maximum of 100 words to accompany each image, although this is not compulsory.
Please submit your photographs, along with your full name, matriculation year and course of study, to the Development Team on firstname.lastname@example.org. When taking photographs, abide by College guidance on COVID-19 and keeping our community safe: read more.
There will be a prize for the winner of each category.
Terms and conditions
- Entry is limited to four photographs per category per person.
- This competition is open to all Hughes Hall students, staff and Senior Members.
- Entries for the Present and Future categories must have been taken by the entrant after the 1st January 2021 and cannot be a pre-existing image.
- Entries to the Past category must have been taken prior to 1st January 2021.
- By entering the competition, entrants acknowledge that their photographs may be used in a selection of marketing and publicity material by Hughes Hall – any use of images will be appropriately credited.
- Entries received after the deadline (5pm, Friday 9th April 2021) will not be considered.
- The winners agree to the use of their name and competition entry on the Hughes Hall website and social media channels.
- If the photo features other people, you must provide their permission for it to be used for this purpose. We will provide a consent form to facilitate this.
For further information please contact Jack Clarkson on email@example.com.