Friday 11 March 2022, 6 pm, Pavilion Room
- Ever wondered how to listen to music attentively, or mindfully?
- Or about how music can teach us about mindfulness?
- This mindful music session will help address some of these questions!
Join us for a night of wonderful music and an exploration of the intersection between meditation, awareness, and music. Songs sung by Elizabeth English will include not only traditional Western Classical songs, but also contemporary songs set to mindful poems written by Elizabeth herself.
- Dr. Nigel Yandell (HH Director of Music) who will perform some pieces for solo piano, as well as perform the accompaniment to some vocal pieces.
- Dr. Elizabeth English (University of Cambridge Mindfulness Practitioner) who will guide the session, teaching how to listen to music with a mindful presence.
This session, being jointly organised with the Cambridge University Mindfulness Society, will last for 75 mins, including time for discussion, questions and introductions to mindful listening.
So that we can manage numbers, please sign up using the Eventbrite link click here