Thursday 20th October, 6.00 pm – 7.00 pm, Pavilion Room
- Would you like a chance to meet other college members in a stimulating but informal setting?
- Are you interested in interdisciplinary engagement?
If so, join us for a new academic series, ‘Pending Puzzles’ being organised and led by MCR Academic Officer, Veronica Hera.
These events aim to spark interdisciplinary engagement and help build a close-knit community at Hughes by providing students and senior members with a chance to connect and consider interesting questions from different angles.
The launch event will take place on Thursday 20th October, 6 – 7 pm, where there will be an opportunity to find out more about the proposed themes under consideration for this year, which include:
- Do we want to live forever?
- Neurodiversity: how our brain works against us
- Making digital education inclusive
- Sustainable food production: our options
- Can we have too much faith in science?
- Working in the city vs. academia
- Data privacy in the 21st century: how can law keep up with technology?
- AI across industries: how can it improve our lives?
Veronica Hera also welcomes any ideas for topical themes. Please feel free to reach out to her with any suggestions via email at email@example.com.
A cheese and wine/soft drinks reception will be available. So that we can cater accordingly, please sign up using the Eventbrite link click here.
Save the dates, for this term’s Pending Puzzle events, which will take place from 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm, with light refreshments …
- Thursday 27th October
- Thursday 3rd November
- Thursday 17 November
We look forward to seeing you there!