Hughes Hall Green Week, 24th – 28th April
Following the international celebration of Earth Day on Saturday 22nd April, Hughes Hall, the MCR Committee, and our Centre for Climate Engagement (CCE) will host a Green Week at the start of Easter Term.
Our College community is warmly invited to take part in a range of events and activities.
- Come to one of our three CCE Fireside Chats (click links to register):
- Law for Climate Action on 24th April – POSTPONED
- Advancing Climate Action on Different Frontiers on 26th April
- Digitalisation for Climate Action on 27th April
- Bring your lunch to the launch of our Summer 2023 CCE Internship programme, on Tuesday 25th April, 12:30-13:30 in the Peter Richards Room.
- Come to the MCR Bar to refresh your wardrobe on Tuesday 25th April, 3pm-4.30pm for an MCR ‘Swish’ free clothes swap.
- Students can join one or both of our themed Formal Halls, showcasing plant-based recipes and local, seasonal produce (book on UPay).
- Drop in to the Library for their Green Week display and book selection.
Sustainability at Hughes Hall
Hughes Hall has won Gold Awards three years running from the Cambridge Green Impact scheme. Our efforts range from large-scale changes such as the installation of solar panels and a robust carbon reduction policy (aiming for carbon neutrality by 2030) to smaller scale initiatives including nesting boxes, wildlife tunnels through our fencing, and new composting provision. We have developed a wildflower meadow area, run bicycle repair days with our students, and organise a number of environmental displays and activities over the year.
- You can find out more about sustainability initiatives at Hughes Hall
- Get tips on sustainable living at Hughes
- We are always on the lookout for suggestions for sustainability improvements; please email email@example.com.
- To get involved with the MCR’s environmental activities, email Nina or Ariel, firstname.lastname@example.org.