Monday 13 March, 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm
Hughes Hall music welcomes back Marianne Olyver, who introduces the Olyver/Linton/Human Band to present a foot-tapping and sparkling programme played with a unique virtuoso twist!
- Marianne Olyver – Electric Violin
- Steve Linton – Guitar/Vocals
- John Human – Piano/Keyboard
Expect Gypsy Jazz, Sting, The Beatles and Country ….
All welcome, including non college members. Sign up via Eventbrite. Click here
About the Musicians
- Marianne Olyver, is one of the leading Violinists of her generation. Her ensembles always perform with a virtuoso dash and sparkle and have performed to critical acclaim. Marianne’s guest appearance on Woman’s Hour, where she performed live, was voted BBC Radio 4’s Pick of the Week. Recitals include at St John’s Smith Square, the British Embassy, Budapest and The Roman Forum, Thessaloniki, Greece. https://soundcloud.com/concerts-1
- John Human is a Concert Pianist with a passion for exploring the extraordinarily diverse capabilities of the instrument. He plays the standard classical repertoire as well as jazz, rock and other improvised genres, and has performed at The South Bank, National Theatre, Kings Place, the Royal Albert Hall.
- Steve Linton is a virtuoso Guitarist, Singer and Songwriter and has toured throughout the UK, as well as USA, Europe and the Far East. Steve has been signed to EMI music publishing as an in-house songwriter, and he has worked on a variety of sessions for TV, Radio, and has contributed to albums for many major international recording artists including members of David Bowie’s Band.
….”thrilling solos and flamboyance….. a thoroughly toe tapping affair”
The Daily Telegraph – CD review
“Stunning…the thrill of the week!….The dizzy violin of Marianne Olyver shone brilliantly, as to the manner born”
The Independent – concert review
Please note that the musicians have kindly agreed to support a fundraising appeal for victims of the Turkey and Syria Earthquake, and we will be grateful to receive donations during the concert. We hope you will give generously.
Hughes Hall College students Halima, May and Can are fundraising to support the DEC Turkey and Syria Earthquake Appeal.
A series of devastating earthquakes have hit Turkey and Syria killing over 44,000 people and injuring many more. More than 54,000 buildings, including hospitals and schools, have been destroyed or damaged. People have been left without shelter in freezing winter conditions.
Please give generously to support Disaster Emergency Committee’s response on the ground to the immediate aftermath of this disaster by providing emergency support in the way of shelter, warm clothing and food & water to everyone who has lost their homes and are out on the streets.
Donate to DEC’s TURKEY-SYRIA EARTHQUAKE APPEAL
Thank you for your support!