Friday 11 November at 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm, Pavilion Rm, Hughes Hall and 8.00 pm to 10.00 pm, Trinity College Chapel
Marking the culmination of a project ‘Making Waves’, join us at two events conceived by Hughes Hall Music, in collaboration with Trinity College Music Society (TCMS) reviving Gordon Crosse’s 20th century masterpiece for cello and piano.
‘In Conversation with the Performers’, 4.00 – 5.00 pm, Pavilion Rm, Hughes Hall
To learn more about Wavesongs and the music of Gordon Crosse (1937 – 2021), we are offering a FREE pre concert event exploring the work in its historical context.
Cello and Piano Recital, 8:00 pm – 10.00 pm, Trinity College Chapel
A rare opportunity to hear Internationally-renowned cellist Alexander Baillie with pianist Nigel Yandell perform a programme at Trinity College Chapel comprising French and British music for cello and piano.
- Fauré – Sonata no. 1 in D minor op 109
- Gordon Crosse – Wavesongs (1983)
- Ravel – Sonata (posthume)
- Fauré – Sonata no. 2 in G minor op 117
- Pre-concert event exploring ‘Wavesongs’ and the music of Gordon Crosse. FREE.
- NO PRE BOOKING REQUIRED.
- Evening concert tickets will be available on the door (no pre-sales available). £8, £5 (concessions), free for TCMS members and Hughes Hall students (please bring along Camcard/CRSid card to prove student status)
- Trinity College Chapel is on the right as you enter the Great Gate.
- We welcome you to either of these events, but hope you will join us for both!