Cambridge has 31 excellent Colleges. So why is Hughes Hall the one for you? Here are seven good reasons.
1. Join the family. Hughes Hall brings together many nations, many races and many talents. We are proud of this diversity, and value everyone’s contribution to it. You’ll be part of a warm, friendly community of over-21s, all living and learning together.
2. Make a difference. We’re committed to bridging academia and the wider world to achieve dynamic, global impact. Through your studies, you can do the same.
3. Look forward. Even though we’re the oldest of the six Graduate Colleges, we wear our history lightly. Hughes Hall has always moved with the times, and it still does today.
4. Get involved. We’re a smaller College, so there are plenty of opportunities to engage in our community. Undergrads, postgrads and senior members all come together to share ideas, research interests and practical goals. You’ll also be able to dine and debate with leading academics, lawyers, doctors and civil servants.
5. Rely on us. We have a strong tutorial support system that’s especially designed for graduates. Plus you can apply for travel grants for relevant conferences and other activities.
6. Live in, step out. Our campus is a quiet haven, with some of the largest and most modern en suite accommodation in the University. Yet just around the corner is the buzzing Mill Road, with its cosmopolitan food shops, restaurants and bars. We are the closest college to both the railway and bus stations – and central Cambridge is just a short walk away.
7. Go global. Hughesians live and work all over the world. When you graduate, you’re sure to find fellow alumni nearby who can offer you continued mentoring and support.To find out more, click here to see a video about the College