Expand your horizons with our lively and wide-ranging lectures and talks.
We host five major formal gatherings once a year, where distinguished figures from the College and the wider world are invited to speak on their areas of expertise:
- The City Lecture, now in its 16th year, features leading speakers from the worldwide business community.
- The Zimmern Medical Lecture and Dinner, held since 2009, celebrates our medical community and brings the academic and working medical worlds of Cambridge together.
- The Charnley Law Dinner celebrates and promotes law study at Hughes Hall, and has featured distinguished speakers from the field since 2010.
- The Kathleen Hughes Hall Memorial Lectures have been running for 15 years, and are given in association with the University’s Department of Anglo-Saxon, Norse & Celtic studies.
- The Honor Chapman Lecture is a newer annual event, inaugurated in 2014 as a tribute to the late Honor Chapman, one of London’s leading business figures.
There is information about each of these lectures in previous years on the lectures archive page.
We also host Study Centres and Connection Projects to help members and friends of the College make a difference, share ideas and build new relationships. Our existing Study Centres are the Cambridge Oracy Centre, the Cambridge Centre for Digital Innovation, and the Centre for Climate Change. Bridging and Connection Initiatives include the Cambridge-Africa Programme, Cambridge Governance Labs, Hughes Hall Enterprise Society, Life Sciences & Society Seminars and Three Minute Thesis. Learn more here.
You can find more details on our events page and College calendar.
The very best speakers brought right to your door