Overseas Giving

Making a gift from outside the UK

You can make a donation via our website from anywhere in the world here.

However, you may find the methods of donating below allow you to make your gift to Hughes Hall more easily and tax efficiently from your country of residence.

Gifts from Hong Kong

If you are looking to make a gift from Hong Kong, we have set up the Hughes Hall Hong Kong Limited account (details below). This account ensures that we are able to accept donations from Hong Kong in a tax efficient manner and by direct transfer. To allow us to identify donations and ensure that receipts acceptable to the revenue authorities in Hong Kong can be issued, please notify us of your gift by contacting us at development@hughes.cam.ac.uk.

Account Name: Hughes Hall (Hong Kong) Ltd

Bank Address: HSBC Hong Kong, 1 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong

Account Number: 801-170069-838 (Business Vantage Account)


Bank Code: 004 (optional)


Gifts from Europe

Hughes Hall is a registered beneficiary of the Transnational Giving Europe Network, which means that you can make a donation to the college and claim your local tax benefits. We are currently able to accept donations from TGE Partners in Italy (gifts to scholarships and bursaries only), France, Germany, Spain and Greece. To make a donation please contact the TGE partner in your country of tax residence stating that you wish your gift to be directed to Hughes Hall. For more information visit www.transnationalgiving.eu/donate.

Gifts from the US

For alumni resident in the USA we would advise your gift to be made to Cambridge in America (www.cantab.org) for maximum tax efficiency, indicating that you wish to direct your gift towards Hughes Hall.

Gifts from Canada

The University of Cambridge is recognised as a ‘prescribed university outside Canada’ eligible for charitable status under Canadian tax law. This means that donations to Hughes Hall from Canadian residents are tax-deductible. From Canada, you can make your donation directly to Hughes Hall in the usual way and we will then forward you a receipt issued by the University of Cambridge acceptable to the Canadian tax authorities. Please request a receipt from the development@hughes.cam.ac.uk when making your gift.