Cambridge can be stressful, and with so much academic work it can be difficult to take the time to prioritise your own mental wellbeing. Our Tutor, Corinne Roughley, shares her top tips:
- Be realistic – your first piece of work is not going to be perfect and no one expects it to be.
- Be comfortable with who you are – everyone is different and diversity makes us the college we are proud of being.
- Talk to someone you haven’t met – building friendships takes time but it’s worth it. Try to get involved with sociable events happening in the college and the city.
- Do something you enjoy. There is a wide range of societies and sports in at Hughes Hall https://mcr.hughes.cam.ac.uk/clubs/ – if what you are looking for is not there, then talk to other students about starting something new
- There is lots of help and support available – do ask. We are here to help: your problem is not too small and you won’t be wasting our time https://www.hughes.cam.ac.uk/student-centre/welfare/